Setu Bandhasana is a word of the Sanskrit language where Setu means bridge, bandha means tying and asana means pose, this asana is called Setubandhasana because while doing this asana, the body is in a single position. builds a bridge. Setubandhasana is one such asana that plays an important role in relieving many other problems of the body including thyroid back pain and nervous system. 300 hour yoga teacher training in Rishikesh also offers a great opportunity to people who want to teach Yoga in the future.
What is Setu Bandhasana?
The bridge is called Setu in Sanskrit. A bridge or bridge connects an inaccessible place or river bank. This asana also helps in balancing our mind and body. Just as the work of a bridge is to bear traffic and pressure like the work of a bridge, this posture also helps in reducing and removing tension from our body.
How to do Setu Bandhasana –
- First of all, lie down on your back.
- Now bend your knees so that it is at 90 degrees to the spine.
- While inhaling, lower your waist as per the rest.
- Stay in this position for 20-30 seconds.
- When you hold the posture, inhale slowly and exhale slowly.
- Then exhaling he came to the ground.
- This is one cycle you can do it 3 to 5 times.
How to do Setu Bandhasana-
- To do Setubandhasana, first of all, lay a mat or carpet in a quiet place.
- Now lie on your back on this mat.
- Now bend your knees and place your feet on the ground at some distance from each other, that is, keep your feet at a distance of 10 to 12 inches from your pelvis, but it should be in line with the knees and ankles.
- Keep your hands close to your body and your palms facing down.
- Now breathe in and slowly exhale the lower middle and upper part of the waist.
- During this, gently fold your shoulders, bend the chin down comfortably, and touch the chest with the chin without bringing the chin down.
- Repeat Setubandhasana again.
Benefits of Setu Bandhasana –
1. To Increase Digestive Power
Setubandhasana is helpful in increasing digestive power. Which gives relief from stomach-related problems like constipation, gas, indigestion, etc. That is, this yogasana is very beneficial for the stomach.
2. In getting rid of stress
yoga Setu Bandhasana is effective in removing both physical and mental problems. Similarly, this yogasana is also helpful in removing stress, frustration, and anxiety, etc. By doing this the mind becomes calm. By doing this the mind becomes calm and positive thoughts come into the mind.
3. Strengthen the back muscles
This asana is also very beneficial for the back, in doing so the chest, neck, spine, and hips are all stretched. Which strengthens the muscles of the back muscles, hamstrings, etc.
4. Beneficial for Women
Helpful in relieving symptoms of menopause and pain during menstruation. It is very beneficial for women to do this asana. If you are troubled by any problem related to periods, then do Setubandhasana and get rid of the problems during those days.
5. To Relieve Pain
If you have back pain or headache, then doing Setubhandasana can be beneficial for you because this yoga posture is helpful in reducing headaches and back pain.
6. Beneficial in reducing belly fat
Excess body weight can spoil your smartness. Now, this extra weight is for the whole body or belly fat. To avoid these problems, do bridging daily and keep the weight in balance along with the fat.
Method of Setu Bandhasana:
- Lay a double blanket and sit with both legs spread in front.
- Keep both legs straight and together, keeping both hands close to the ground.
- Keep the hands behind the buttocks, the hands will be straight, and the tip of the fingers will be towards the back.
- Also, keep the spine straight. This is the starting point of the Prevvanasana.
- While inhaling, raise the waist above the ground while applying pressure on the hands so that the whole body is straight, and the soles of the feet touch the ground. Leave the neck loose at the back, keep your eyes open and hold your breath.
Tips for Setu Bandhasana:
- If you are doing this for the first time, then keep in mind that you do not stretch yourself too much.
- Because it can damage your neck.
- Also, make sure that your hips are firm when you are in bridge pose.
- When you are not aware of this hypocrisy then your purpose of doing Setubandhasana may be in vain.
- Because this will not cause any strain in the lower back or back.
Setu Bandhasana Steps –
- After this bend or bend your knees and keep your feet and hip distance apart on the floor.
- The distance from your pelvis should be 10-12 inches. With knees and ankles in a straight line.
- Bring your arms next to your body and your palms should be facing down.
- Now while inhaling, slowly lift your lower back, middle back, and upper back off the floor.
- Now slowly roll into the shoulders, supporting your weight with your shoulders arms, and legs touching the chest to the chin without bringing the chin down.
Precautions of Setu Bandhasana –
- Keep in mind that do this asana only on an empty stomach, if your back is hurt, then avoid doing this asana.
- If you are doing Setubandhasana, do not turn your head to the right or left.
- If you have pain in your knees then be careful while doing this Setu Bandhasana yoga, if you are doing Setu Bandhasana for the first time then it is necessary for you to take guidance while doing it.