Whenever we think of Botox treatment, the first thing that comes to our mind is injections and pain, but Hair Botox has nothing like that. Now you must be wondering what is this Hair Botox. It is not a painful treatment, rather it improves the health of the hair. In this, deep conditioning is done to make the hair healthy. Hair Botox is growing in popularity on social media and many influencers are giving it a try. Skin care clinic in Dehradun that provides specialist services in Hair, face, and body care. We are dedicated to the aesthetics of the skin and everything that goes with it.
Why is it called Botox treatment?
Botox is a botulinum toxin that basically focuses on the skin and problems related to aging such as wrinkles, skin loosening, and fine lines are treated. Like skin botox, hair botox is also an anti-aging treatment and repairs damaged hair, but it is not a painful procedure like skin botox. Instead, it is named Botox only for a deep conditioning treatment.
What is Hair Botox Treatment?
This is not a normal in-salon keratin or cystine treatment. Hair Botox is a formaldehyde-free and chemical-free conditioning treatment. In this process, beneficial compounds for the hair are applied to the hair, due to which they do not get tangled and shine comes in them. Damaged hair is repaired in Hair Botox, but they are not straightened properly. However, it leaves hair soft, smooth, and shiny, and hair appears stronger than its natural texture.
How hair botox works
Botox treatment includes nutrients such as proteins, peptides, amino acids, vitamin B5, vitamin E, argan oil, coconut oil, collagen complex, and glyoxylic acid. A blend of all these compounds is applied to the hair to reverse hair thinning, hence the name Botox. Unlike skin Botox treatments, hair Botox does not inject botulinum toxin into the hair. Instead, a protein-rich conditioning agent is applied to the hair.
Steps of Hair Botox-
In this, the hair is first washed thoroughly with shampoo to remove the dirt of the hair and the products used on the scalp. Do not apply any conditioner to the hair after shampooing. This opens the cuticles of the hair and they are able to absorb the treatment well.
After drying the hair, botox treatment is applied and they are left for at least 45 minutes. The treatment is applied from root to tip and then washed out with a sulfate-free hair cleanser.
After the treatment is washed out, the hair is straightened with a heating tool to seal it. Its results are very good and your hair becomes smooth, straight, and frizz-free.
Many people try this treatment at home, but getting it done in a salon gives better and more professional results.
Keep these things in mind after hair botox –
Although it is a chemical-free treatment, hair straightening can cause some damage to the hair. That’s why after treatment, keep these things in mind-
- After treatment, wash hair only with sulfate and paraben-free shampoo and use conditioner to remove dryness. Wash hair only after 72 hours of treatment. The less you wash your hair, the more effective it will be.
- Do not forget to apply a hydrating hair mask once in a week or 10 days to keep the hair deep conditioning, so that the dryness is away and the hair damage caused by pollution can be cured.
- Apply the mask from the root to the tip of the hair.
- Avoid applying heat to your hair daily and let it dry on its own instead of using a blow dryer. If you must style your hair, use heat-protectant products to protect your hair from damage.
- Do not dye or color your hair immediately after Botox treatment, wait at least two weeks before coloring your hair. The chemicals in permanent dye can break down the cuticle of the hair and neutralize the Botox treatment.
- It is also important to protect your hair from the sun and its harmful rays. Cover your hair with a scarf or hat when you go out.
Side Effects of Hair Botox –
- Although hair botox is safe, it may cost you a bit. Like other salon treatments, it may cost more to get it done in a salon than at home.
- After this treatment, you may have to take a little more care of your hair, because if you skip a single step, then you will not get the benefit of this treatment, but you may have to face the loss.
- The result of this treatment can also be different in different hair. That’s why you may not get the result that someone else has got.
- This treatment is not meant to straighten hair, so people with frizzy or oily hair may only get good conditioning from it, and no benefits.
- So if you want to give a chemical-free treatment to your damaged and lifeless hair, try Hair Botox and share your results with us.