Diploma in Engineering course is a professional technical course in which students are taught about basic but all important concepts and topics of engineering. Any student who has completed at least 10th standard can do this course, and can do a job or further studies in the field of engineering. This course can be done in different departments such as Electrical Mechanical Computer IT Chemical and many more. After doing this course, students can work in different fields in the post of Junior Engineer.
Students can do this course only after 10th standard, so this course has been planned in such a way so that students can be given good technical knowledge starting from the very basic. Among other technical course options like ITI, Diploma in Plastic Engineering, this course is considered to be the best professional course after 10th.
What is a Diploma in Engineering or Polytechnic?
Diploma in Engineering is a 3-year professional technical course in which you are taught basic but important courses of various branches related to engineering, so that you can get your diploma in one of the many courses under the school, which It means that you will have good knowledge of that field so that you can get good job in both private and government sector.
After doing this course you can become a Junior Engineer.
What do students learn during a Diploma in Engineering or Polytechnic course?
- During this three-year course of Diploma in Engineering or Polytechnic, students acquire industry or job-related engineering knowledge, computing and analysis, scientific skills, mathematical techniques, and understanding of English to communicate in the field.
- Along with these, they also gain an essential but important ability to apply problem-solving techniques.
- In other words, we can say that during this course students are given technical knowledge from engineering as well as skill development, computers and knowledge of English so that they can do good job or their higher studies in right way.
- This technical course ensures that the students can do well in their career and life after doing the course.
Who should do a Diploma in Engineering or Polytechnic course?
- Students who have interest in technical field or engineering must join this course.
- Students who have interest in maths and science subjects can also think of doing this course.
- If a student has decided that he has to pursue engineering further and make his career in the field of engineering, then he can start his career by doing diploma or polytechnic course in engineering.
- Also, students who want to get job oriented technical degree in less time by paying less fee, which has good chances of getting both government job and private job, then they should also take this course.
Eligibility for Diploma in Engineering / Polytechnic Course:
- Following are the eligibility criteria for Diploma in Engineering or Polytechnic course-
- 10th pass from any recognized board. (Any State Board or CBSE Board)
- 12th pass students can also join.
- 12th pass students can directly join the second year through lateral entry if they have studied science and maths subjects in 12th.
- The minimum age to join this course is 14 years.
- The minimum percentage should be above 35% for class 10th.
Following are the two ways by which an aspiring student can take admission in Diploma in Engineering or Polytechnic course-
There are many good polytechnic private colleges where you get direct admission according to the 10th mark.
But there are some private top colleges which can demand a very good percentage in 10th like 70% or above. Which also depends on which branch you are interested in for admission, Some top private polytechnic colleges in which you can get direct admission,
Admission through Entrance Test-
For admission in Government Polytechnic Colleges of almost all the states, you have to write an entrance exam, each state conducts a different entrance test, in which you have to qualify.
Duration of Course:
- Diploma in Engineering or Polytechnic course is of 3 years duration, it is divided into 6 semesters of 6 months duration.
- Some colleges have only 5 semesters, the first semester is of 1 year and the remaining 2 years consists of 4 semesters.
- Tuition Fee of Diploma in Engineering Course:
- Tuition fees for these courses vary from college to branch. As the tuition fees for government colleges are very less, which can range from 5000 to 15,000 per annum per annum.
- At the same time, the fees of private colleges are high, which can range from 20000 to 50000 per annum. Fees in private colleges also depend on the college and the branch you are going to choose.
Courses available in India:
There are more than 40 polytechnic courses available in India, some of which are more popular and more available in college, some of the major courses which are in high demand in the market right now, and after which you can easily get a good job, are as follows-
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- Diploma in Civil Engineering
- Diplo. in Electrical Engineering
- Dipl. in Automobile Engineering
- Diplo. in Computer Science Engineering
- Dipl. in Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Diploma in Metallurgical Engineering
- Diploma in Information Technology
- Dip. in Aeronautical Engineering
- Dip. in Instrumentation and Control Engineering
Career options after Diploma in Engineering course:
All your career options are open after doing a Diploma in Engineering course, there are two important options for which you can choose any of the following. You can either do a job or go for higher education.
Jobs after polytechnic/diploma in engineering-
After doing this course, you can work in different roles in different sectors, be it a government job or a private sector job, everywhere there is a demand for students pursuing diploma in engineering courses.
Government jobs after polytechnic
Like these are the top government companies-
- defense department
- electricity department
- Public Works Department
- Universities and more working places.
- government job after diploma in engineering
- government job after diploma in engineering
- If we talk about private jobs, then you can get opportunity to work in top places like Reliance, ESSAR, TATA, Hyundai, power companies, airtel, jio, private universities and more.
Higher education options after Diploma in Engineering:
After doing this course, if you want to go for higher education then you can have two options. Firstly, you can continue your technical education, and pursue your career in the field of engineering if you want to do engineering. So your admission in engineering is related to the branch from where you have done polytechnic, in the second year there will be direct admission through lateral entry, and if you want to do ordinary graduation then that option is also open for you, because it is twelfth level So you can take admission in any undergraduate course like B.Sc, BCA or others.
After this course you can get these roles while working-
After doing a diploma in an engineering course, you get a chance to work in different roles, depending on the branch from which you have done the polytechnic course and how well you have the knowledge, you can get a good role in a government or private company. can.
- Junior Engineer
- Machine driver
Some top colleges for Diploma in Engineering or Polytechnic-
- SRM Polytechnic College, Chennai
- Vallami Polytechnic College, Chennai
- Hindustan Polytechnic College, Chennai
- Jalpaiguri Polytechnic College, WB
- Patna Polytechnic College, Patna
- Lovely Professional University, Jalandhar
- Government Polytechnic College, Pune
- Guru Tegh Bahadur Polytechnic Institute
One thought on “Diploma in Engineering- Polytechnic Course Details_Eligibility, Admission, Jobs”